I have stayed away from tags till date. Due to some unexplored and unexplained fear, tags tend to scare me. But when I saw JB tagging her entire blogroll, I decided to play along. What attracted me is the freedom to make my own list. Here is my list of five things that have changed since my Jobs from Hell.
5. I get to play table tennis daily with my colleagues in the evening after the college hours. There is nothing better to cheer you up after a hard day’s work. When the semester starts, the number of posts on our blogs go down.
4. For a change, I am busy with real work these days. I reach two courses this semester and I work on the journal of my institute. I have also have managed to start thinking about my research interests again!
3. When the teaching was off in December, my head of school walked in one day to my office to discuss certain work. While she was leaving, she told me, “take a leave and go somewhere before the semester begins.” That too, when I do not have too many official leaves to my credit as I have not completed one year at this new place. That is how I went to Bharatpur.
2. I have sent a paper to a conference and I am waiting for its fate! If it is not selected then I will sulk for ten days but after that I will start working even harder on it. I am officially sulking for 10 days now!
1. This is not related to my work but this is the best thing that happened to me recently and it is the day my niece was born. I stayed that night in the hospital with my sis and this bundle of joy. My sis had a C-section and was sleeping very uneasily but Vasudha, just a few hours old, was quite peaceful. I would not let her sleep in the crib but hold her in my hands while she slept.
The nurse on duty admonished me, “You will spoil her for two days and then go back home, and your sister will have to suffer after that. Let her sleep in the crib.” I just could not do that! So, I was sitting on huge sofa with Vasudha in one hand and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, in another, I was so happy that the moment will stay with me for life.
She is now nearly seven months old and is full of mischief. I have seen my two nephews also this small, and today both the brats are over six feet tall! Soon, I know she too would be taller than me and start giving me funads of life! They grow up so quickly.