I have stayed away from tags till date. Due to some unexplored and unexplained fear, tags tend to scare me. But when I saw JB tagging her entire blogroll, I decided to play along. What attracted me is the freedom to make my own list. Here is my list of five things that have changed since my Jobs from Hell.
5. I get to play table tennis daily with my colleagues in the evening after the college hours. There is nothing better to cheer you up after a hard day’s work. When the semester starts, the number of posts on our blogs go down.
4. For a change, I am busy with real work these days. I reach two courses this semester and I work on the journal of my institute. I have also have managed to start thinking about my research interests again!
3. When the teaching was off in December, my head of school walked in one day to my office to discuss certain work. While she was leaving, she told me, “take a leave and go somewhere before the semester begins.” That too, when I do not have too many official leaves to my credit as I have not completed one year at this new place. That is how I went to Bharatpur.
2. I have sent a paper to a conference and I am waiting for its fate! If it is not selected then I will sulk for ten days but after that I will start working even harder on it. I am officially sulking for 10 days now!
1. This is not related to my work but this is the best thing that happened to me recently and it is the day my niece was born. I stayed that night in the hospital with my sis and this bundle of joy. My sis had a C-section and was sleeping very uneasily but Vasudha, just a few hours old, was quite peaceful. I would not let her sleep in the crib but hold her in my hands while she slept.
The nurse on duty admonished me, “You will spoil her for two days and then go back home, and your sister will have to suffer after that. Let her sleep in the crib.” I just could not do that! So, I was sitting on huge sofa with Vasudha in one hand and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, in another, I was so happy that the moment will stay with me for life.
She is now nearly seven months old and is full of mischief. I have seen my two nephews also this small, and today both the brats are over six feet tall! Soon, I know she too would be taller than me and start giving me funads of life! They grow up so quickly.
13 thoughts on “Tagged by JB: My Very Own List”
Hi!! Cute cute baby. A real doll.That was your sis’s site i clicked on to? I loved her poem about prostitute & pimp. I’ve heard my Indian friends talk about this, but, I think the poem helped me to understand the idea most. I would of commented but wasn’t sure about the format for that. :)I won’t be around much for a while have to catch up on some other stuff & stay off the computer. But will visit when I can
Nice list.The pic is very quite indeed !!! I am about to see my cousin brother’s son (OK, I know there is a single word for this, but it ain’t clicking right now) when I come to India, and I’m very excited abt it myself. Yeah, I’ve become a uncle now and life’s changed hehehe – I am grown up!Interesting list here – best of luck for the paper.CheersSuyog
L>T, yes that is my sister’s site you clicked on. She and my brother-in-law are the people who encouraged me to blog. Before my niece was born, she used to blog a lot, but now she gets very little time. Thanks for letting me know that you are busy. You take your time and do your work.Suyog, my elder nephew was born whenI was in class 10th! Now both my nephews stay with us and such little devils! Thanks for wishing me luck for the paper, I need it and I need the results fast, I am so bad at waiting.
Wow..how cute the kid is!!! my blessings for her..
Yay–I love your list! Job satisfaction is very important; we spend so much of our lives working that it’s important that we are doing real work, that we enjoy what we do and feel that it gives us a sense of purpose. I think the things you picked about your job make it clear how happy your are there.Of course our personal lives are very important, too. Your moment with your lovely niece is very special. Moments like that also give meaning to our lives.Great post!
I read both your posts. The one about the management institutes is chilling.
She is cute….blessing to her.Mridula what’s ur feed, of this gomad blog. Because I don’t get updates.I have a new site http://www.readers-cafe.net, check sometime
Very bright wise eyes.Nikki from AZ
Ganga and Vanathi, thanks a lot for your wishes.Anirudh, that phase was really bad for me. I am glad it is behind me.Tarun thanks, I did check you site. Nice one.JB, your list was the one that finally did the trick, I decided finally to do one!Nikki, thanks a lot.
I have gotten tagged about three or four times recently, and I always feel quite guilty when I don’t get around to doing them. But this is a great insightful list and probably I’ll do a tag sometime in the next couple of weeks. That’s wonderful that you have found fulfilling work, and you are a great aunty too! I’m sure the kids love being “spoiled” and showered with so much love!
Crystal, do it sometime, it would be fun to read it. I feel lucky that I finally found a place that lets me work! otherwise, they try and put all kind of hinderances in your path. And my nephews and nieces are my bonus. I simply got them free!
nice one!please do visit my link too.Take careregardsvish