You have to read this tongue in cheek! Here are the 5 reasons why I do not consider cricket true sport!
Photo Credit- Oleksii Sidorov at Shutterstock
5. David Boon, Inzamam-ul Haq, ever expanding Virender Sehwag, and I can’t remember a similar Sri Lankan player’s name. Now look at the king of games, soccer and name a similar player who is that well healty!
4. You switch on the TV to watch a test series and where are all the players? They have gone to have lunch! Or tea (but I wonder if the tradition still alive?). Now in which other game this happens that players have gone for lunch? It is more effective in Hindi, as a friend used to say “Arre ye players kahan gaye? Chai peene gaye hain!”
3. Have you seen any other game where players wear sweaters on the field? Now if you want to compare cricket with golf or carom, go ahead I have no problems. Look again at soccer and see, rain or snow players run around the field without their sweaters!
2. Now I have not seen too many other sports where players wear black goggles and play or even keep black goggles on their caps and play! Why are black goggles so essential for cricket?
1. Which other sports gathers 12 to 15 teams and calls the event world cup? (das barah logon ko bator kar khel lete hain aur kahte hain world cup!) And which other country goes in a tizzy over it like we do?
You can also see the fun I am having at Indiamike about cricket!
More reasons why I ranted like this? Have a look at this post. Mahendra Singh Dhoni gets lakhs and lakhs in prize money for 100 odd runs and Kuldeep (bus driver of the Delhi blast scene) gets 2 lakhs for risking his life. What are our priorities?
I started my India travel blog, Travel Tales from India in 2005. In 2016 I realized Travel Tales from India and Abroad better reflected my writings. I love to walk and ride in metros around the world. I have not been everywhere, I am not even close, but it is on my list. I also quit my job as a professor in 2015, it was a happening year! I did a Ph.D. from IIT Kanpur ages ago!
If you wish to collaborate with me, please check out my media kit. You can write to me at email@example.com
When I came out of my Dusit Suite 222 I told the staff, i...April 17, 2018
One of the very first things I did in Cyprus was to go fo...April 6, 2018
I have been lucky to visit the Maeklong Railway Market ne...April 2, 2018
In my last employment, I was a professor but I was alread...March 29, 2018