I came back from my trek in Uttarakhand yesterday night. And I am having low altitude sickness now. The symptoms include-
- An intense longing for the hills and gazing in empty space with a stupid smile on the face.
- Extreme irritation at the traffic that was business as usual before leaving.
- Frequent sighing after remembering the miles and miles of vast open spaces.
- Looking at the pictures again and again in the hope that some of the magic will still remain.
- Planning to retire in some hills or at least planning for another trek even though the legs are still aching.
- Tolerance for almost everything (traffic not included) that will last for a week or so.
- Hating the pictures that I clicked because they capture only a fraction of what the eyes saw and everything feels either underexposed or overexposed.
- An intense desire to run back to the hills again, to a village where there were just two vehicles for the entire population.