This is a first. In my 8 years of blogging I never did any New Year resolutions. I wonder why 2013 and 2014 feel a bit different. I have this urge of making a few new year resolutions and going public with them too!
5. Fitness or Bust: I used to be an athlete. I could run for 10 kilometers in the morning and then run some more in the evening. I represented my state in 800 m and high jump. I stayed in a sports hostel for a few months. From there to zilch has been a painful journey. I am living on borrowed fitness on my treks. I realized in 2012 when I did the Everest Base Camp Trek. I can still trek but it more due to determination than fitness. This should change, 2014 should be the year. Otherwise as my cousin on FB said- कसरत करते युग गया, तनिक घटा न पेट। असरत-कसरत छांड़ दे, खा-पी कर के लेट!
4. Sleep Deprivation: I am a night owl by inclination. It feels so right to stay up till 12-1 at night. The trouble is my waking up time is fixed, I have to go to work. More trouble is that these days I am staying up late more or less regular thing. It leaves me very tired. I hope I will be able to change this in 2014.
3. Better Pictures: I love taking pictures. I see a lot of things through my camera and not with my eyes first. If I do not get a picture, it feels no good seeing it just with my eyes. I know there are a lot of people who feel just the opposite. Feeling that way comes naturally to them. Feeling this way comes naturally to me! So it is obvious that I want to take better pictures in 2014.
2. Enjoying More on a Trip: I can be so obsessed with taking pictures that I forget to enjoy on a trip. I sulk and sulk if I do not get good pictures. While I do want to take good pictures, if due to some reason I cannot, it should be no reason to sulk on a trip! In fact enjoying should come first and pictures should come second but I am not sure if I can achieve that!
1. Becoming More Environmentally Conscious: I love nature, I love to travel. And yet beyond average day to day activities like not wasting water, avoiding plastics I do nothing, I know nothing about environmental issues. This should change.
Do you make new year resolutions? Do you review them say half way through?
I am Mridula Dwivedi and I started blogging on 'Travel Tales from India' in June 2005. Within a few months of the launch my travel blog found a mention on both the BBC and The Guardian. I also featured in a National Geographic Skoda Yeti Video.
I quit my job as a professor in May 2015. I am having a blast ever since. I do not miss my work but sometime I do miss my salary! Somewhere along the journey I ended up acquiring a Ph.D. from IIT Kanpur! I now wonder why?
You can write to me at mridulablog at gmail dot com For advertising queries please check out my advertising page.
When it comes to making time for vacations, many people t...October 8, 2015
Diwali is a festival that holds a special place in my hea...October 7, 2015
Moving around the tiny market known as Sister's Bazaar in...October 6, 2015
As I was getting down to the stream near the Himalayan Ad...October 5, 2015