I would be heading out to Thailand and Cambodia this week itself. Travel Tales from India and I got lucky again. I have been invited by the Tourism Authority of Thailand for this trip. Before I head out here are photography notes to self!
Blurred Picture, South African Bush Fire
5. Carry that Damn Tripod: I am not a professional photographer. I picked up photography because I like to travel. Then there is this blog where I can showcase them. My readers appreciated my work and that propelled me to try to do even better. Heck I don’t even have a camera bag. So at times I get lazy about carrying that damn tripod. Or I forget to carry the tripod to the trip itself (and I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to kick myself when I did that). Not this time. I am going to treat my tripod like an umbrella on a rainy day. That way I will not have to look at pixelated or blurred shots when I come back to the hotel.
Imagine This at Dawn!
4. Click at Least One Dawn: If you listen to professional photographers like Steve Winter they swear by getting up at the crack of dawn every time. I am not an early riser by any stretch of imagination. On a rare day when I can somehow open my eyes just a crack, I invariably will find the sky overcast. That makes me quite happy because I can go back to sleep again. The next day I happily sleep through, only to wake up to clear views in the morning. And then I curse myself for being lazy. This time I am going to make an effort to catch at least one good dawn (if anything from this list is going to fall flat, this has the highest probability). Why do I always want to sleep 10 minutes more?
3. Try Your Hand at Videos: I make only partial attempts at making videos. This time I am going to make at least 3/4 hearted attempts. If the videos still do not come out well, I will simply not post them.
Remember to Add Human Beings at least Occasionally!
2. Try Telling a Story: I like nature, I usually click nothing but nature. This time I am going to click nature but I will try to be less allergic to everything else. After all there is all that gorgeous food to be clicked, till I can gather courage to click people.
Clicking the Same Picture Again and Again
1. Go Beyond Your Single Subject Blindness: When I read about single subject blindness on DPS it resonated with me immediately. I suffer from the disease. I come back home thinking I have 500 pictures from the destination. In reality I may have just 50 unique images.Sometimes, I need to shoot continuously for wildlife but why I shoot the same nature scene 50 times is beyond me!
Now the proof of the pudding would be once I come back and serve it here. I am looking forward to my trip. In the meanwhile what do you consider to be your biggest photography limitation? Do you write photography notes to self?
I am Mridula Dwivedi, I love to travel! I started my travel blog in 2005. I have been going places since! For more details do check out my media kit! In another life I did a Ph.D. from IIT Kanpur. I was a professor when I quit my job in 2015.
Photo Credit Александр Осипов from Ukrai...September 11, 2018
Being in my mid forties, there are times when I question ...September 10, 2018
I have a love/fear relationship with adventure. Before th...September 7, 2018
I visited Krasnoyarsk in Siberia in August 2018 as I won ...September 5, 2018