My trip to Suryagarh is now about to come to an end. I have been to Jaisalmer twice, and twice it has been on invitation from Suryagarh. I think as far as Jaisalmer is considered I am spoiled for life, staying around in such luxury and sigh seeing with the former model and the MD Manvendra Singh Shekhawat.
Suryagarh, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
It has been one of those trips from where I could not blog much on site. And can you guess the reason? It was food! Food is now such an elaborate affair that for most of the time I was just eating, ouch! Here are a few highlights from my trip.
5. The theme of the trip was monsoon magic and I was a little skeptical about it at the beginning. After all we don’t associate Rajasthan with rains. But we got beautiful rains and Rajasthan is a different place in the monsoon.
4. Need I say food again? If you are a foodie there is much going for you at Suryagarh. For your first few meals you will resist, but eventually you will surrender to Karan (the GM) and his team.
3. We went on a haunted trail past midnight and it was a bit of an hair raising experience.
2. For me the essence of the trip has been those stops at the unmarked historical places which have been standing unsung for ages.
1. A few of us converted the temple trail eventually into a drive towards the Dessert National Park. The park is closed to the visitors as of now. But even while driving around the park we actually saw a Great Indian Bustard! We could not click any pictures as the sighting was so unexpected. It is a magnificent creature. Thanks to Manvendra we knew what it was!
I will write in detail about the trip but before that more food waits for me downstairs.
I am Mridula Dwivedi, I love to travel! I started my travel blog in 2005. I have been going places since! For more details do check out my media kit! In another life I did a Ph.D. from IIT Kanpur. I was a professor when I quit my job in 2015.
The first trips of an year are always special! This year...February 27, 2020
Rann Utsav is held annually at Kutch, Gujarat. A tempora...February 11, 2020
Blogging has truly taken a back seat for me even though ...February 4, 2020
I visited Aahana Resort in Ramnagar in November. That wa...December 27, 2019