Skywatch Friday- Rainbow at Lancaster, UK

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather

The Rainbow at Lancaster, UK
I have never seen so many rainbows in such a short span of time ever before in my life. The week I was at lancaster I saw the Rainbow 4 times and photographed them on three occasions. The other three were even more fleeting but they were still rainbows.
And this is the sort of thing I enjoy, not this fighting over copyright. Sigh, was this beautiful rainbow phase two weeks before only?
See other Skywatch pictures from around the globe.
Apologies for posting to the same Skywatch episode twice. I am tired, I need a break. I have written a mail to you at Skywatch.
facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather

16 thoughts on “Skywatch Friday- Rainbow at Lancaster, UK

1. Mridula

Tarun, let us see the implementation.Nilesh even this rainbow was quite fleeting by the time I got my SLR out it was gone! You click rainbows and yet don't blog!

2. Nilesh

i too had clicked a picture of rainbow using my old analog camera during my first visit to SFO.About a month back i saw a very faint rainbow in Bangalore. by the time i called my wife and son and took my camera out, phoo.. it was gone.in india, do not know about mornings but in evening we can see rainbow around 4-5 pm provided it has rained/raining, sun is out a little and some luck. i always check the sky when first few conditions are met to try my luck :)

3. Mridula

Eileen, it was such a fleeting one! I got only this one shot and then just parts of it :DTarun, many thanks for the encouraging words. I met the editor and things have been discussed to my satisfaction and I feel they will get implemented too. Let us see.

4. Tarun Mitra

Heavenly…Mridula, just to say please keep your fight going, even if u are not liking it…it can actually become a good case study..Well that was a joke, but u are doing a good job by not bending down

5. Mridula

Thank you Jyoti.Anu, according to me Lancaster was the rainbow city! I too have never seen so many in such a short span of time.Thank you Megha.Thank you for your wishes Indica I think I am going to need them.Photo Cache I too don't see too many in India but saw a lot of them at Lancaster.Anne, I agree a rainbow is always to catch.Luna, I need that gift from the Rainbow.Halo effect, Lunar halo or lunar corona is some of the names I could find of the web Lakshmi.Thank you Sylvia, I want to have a great weekend.

6. indicaspecies

Beautiful! And 4 times in a week…wow~! Someone rightly said: The time to relax is when you don't have time for it.I hope you get around to having some rest and relaxation. Best wishes, and cheers.