And I decided to start with 10 dos and don’ts on the next trip to Oxford (if ever!). And to put the record straight my visits have got nothing to do with the University of Oxford-
10. If I ever go in summer again I would try my hand at punting.
09. One day I took a 9.27 bus back to accommodations when there was a bus later at 10.27. Never again, that is a crime. Taking the last bus or almost last bus back should be the motto!
08. Never fall asleep on a train or the bus. I managed to do so while going to Leeds and going back to Heathrow from Oxford and missed all the views. And there were so many flowers to see!
07. Fell asleep on the shoulders of the fellow passenger on the Oxford-Leeds journey. What an embarrassment when you wake up! So never fall asleep on the way.
06. Have colleagues who are expert at shopping. They found a store called Primark where I could afford to shop. Or else 80 rupees to a pound kills any desire to shop.
05. Do not eat pizza at Pizza Hut. A Pizza Hut is a Pizza Hut is a Pizza Hut in any country.
04. Don’t gain all the weight (2 Kg) by eating the chocolates. I managed to loose 2 Kg by taking those long walks.
03. Learn to deal with dogs that are let off the leash in the countryside. Or better still get a colleague to accompany you who can deal with dogs effectively and also likes to walk. Tough combination!
02. Meet people when possible. I met Kullukid (from Indiamike) and his wife in Leeds and they showed me around the town. Many thanks to them. And host them when they are in India.
01. Walk more! Travel more. Seriously required.
When I saw Mari Mari Cultural Village on my Sabah itinera...August 19, 2015
The day we were supposed to go to Sapi Island it rained i...August 18, 2015
It was the winter of 2014. The month was January and I wa...August 12, 2015
After watching movies all night on the Singapore Airlines...August 11, 2015