And I decided to start with 10 dos and don’ts on the next trip to Oxford (if ever!). And to put the record straight my visits have got nothing to do with the University of Oxford-
10. If I ever go in summer again I would try my hand at punting.
09. One day I took a 9.27 bus back to accommodations when there was a bus later at 10.27. Never again, that is a crime. Taking the last bus or almost last bus back should be the motto!
08. Never fall asleep on a train or the bus. I managed to do so while going to Leeds and going back to Heathrow from Oxford and missed all the views. And there were so many flowers to see!
07. Fell asleep on the shoulders of the fellow passenger on the Oxford-Leeds journey. What an embarrassment when you wake up! So never fall asleep on the way.
06. Have colleagues who are expert at shopping. They found a store called Primark where I could afford to shop. Or else 80 rupees to a pound kills any desire to shop.
05. Do not eat pizza at Pizza Hut. A Pizza Hut is a Pizza Hut is a Pizza Hut in any country.
04. Don’t gain all the weight (2 Kg) by eating the chocolates. I managed to loose 2 Kg by taking those long walks.
03. Learn to deal with dogs that are let off the leash in the countryside. Or better still get a colleague to accompany you who can deal with dogs effectively and also likes to walk. Tough combination!
02. Meet people when possible. I met Kullukid (from Indiamike) and his wife in Leeds and they showed me around the town. Many thanks to them. And host them when they are in India.
01. Walk more! Travel more. Seriously required.
I am Mridula Dwivedi and I started blogging on 'Travel Tales from India' in June 2005. I renamed it Travel Tales from India & Abroad in 2016. Within a few months of the launch my travel blog found a mention on both the BBC and The Guardian. I also featured in a National Geographic Skoda Yeti Video. I was recently featured on Via.com
I quit my job as a professor in May 2015. I am having a blast ever since. I do not miss my work but sometime I do miss my salary! Somewhere along the journey I ended up acquiring a Ph.D. from IIT Kanpur! I now wonder why?
You can write to me at mridulablog at gmail dot com For advertising queries please check out my advertising page.
Logo image credit Shutterstock.
Photo Credit: CRSHELARE/Shutterstock.com Having worke...October 19, 2016
I started travel blogging a long time ago, 2005. All the ...October 15, 2016
This year, 2016, has brought in a lot of new things for m...October 14, 2016
I get to see a lot of click bait stories, after all I spe...October 11, 2016