And I decided to start with 10 dos and don’ts on the next trip to Oxford (if ever!). And to put the record straight my visits have got nothing to do with the University of Oxford-
10. If I ever go in summer again I would try my hand at punting.
09. One day I took a 9.27 bus back to accommodations when there was a bus later at 10.27. Never again, that is a crime. Taking the last bus or almost last bus back should be the motto!
08. Never fall asleep on a train or the bus. I managed to do so while going to Leeds and going back to Heathrow from Oxford and missed all the views. And there were so many flowers to see!
07. Fell asleep on the shoulders of the fellow passenger on the Oxford-Leeds journey. What an embarrassment when you wake up! So never fall asleep on the way.
06. Have colleagues who are expert at shopping. They found a store called Primark where I could afford to shop. Or else 80 rupees to a pound kills any desire to shop.
05. Do not eat pizza at Pizza Hut. A Pizza Hut is a Pizza Hut is a Pizza Hut in any country.
04. Don’t gain all the weight (2 Kg) by eating the chocolates. I managed to loose 2 Kg by taking those long walks.
03. Learn to deal with dogs that are let off the leash in the countryside. Or better still get a colleague to accompany you who can deal with dogs effectively and also likes to walk. Tough combination!
02. Meet people when possible. I met Kullukid (from Indiamike) and his wife in Leeds and they showed me around the town. Many thanks to them. And host them when they are in India.
01. Walk more! Travel more. Seriously required.
I started my India travel blog, Travel Tales from India in 2005. In 2016 I realized Travel Tales from India and Abroad better reflected my writings. I love to walk and ride in metros around the world. I have not been everywhere, I am not even close, but it is on my list. I also quite my job as a professor in 2015, it was a happening year! I did a Ph.D. from IIT Kanpur ages ago!
If you wish to collaborate with me, please check out my media kit. You can write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am back with the second edition of not your usual trave...February 19, 2017
The first time I attended SATTE it was 2013! Gosh how tim...February 18, 2017
The Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2017 concluded on 4th Febr...February 15, 2017
What do you say if 5 plates out of 15 are desserts in my ...February 14, 2017